dimanche 9 septembre 2012

[interview] DAVE NOLAN






My interview of the great Dave Nolan !










1) First of all can you introduce your band " The 

    Cambrian Explosion"(members)
    
    and why did you choose this band name ?  
Eh well the members come and go,this recording project is being produced by me alone,the musicians vary by track but some good friends are involved like Shane Pearson and John Gonzo Houilihan on drums and Alan Heffernan on Bass guitar. Hopefully if I ever finish the album (its takes ages!) I''l put a band together to go on tour..... 
The band name comes from an event long ago in the earths history when the rapid evolution of simple life to complex organisms took place in the sea. I'm find science interesting,so the name seemed natural,plus my style is always developing so it seem appropriate :)


2) Where did you all meet ? 


Iv known Shane Alan and John since my teens 


3) Are you the only songwriter ? or do you write the 

songs all together ? 

I am the only songwriter,

4) What inspires you musically speaking ? 

Lots of things, I started out with rock and old punk but lately my tastes have changed to very rootsy music and blues. I love 60's pop and rock bands like the kinks also,i think thats apparent in some of my songs 

5) How would you describe your music ? 

A big mixture of pop rock country country and punk

6) do you have already an EP ? or a single ?


Not yet,hopefully we'll have something out by next year!

7) I can see on facebook that you play often in bars , do 

you play only in Kildare ? or do you also play in other 

cities ? 

Well we've done lots of bars this year,mostly in surrounding towns like Newbridge, Naas, Rathangan ,and a few in Dublin. Those kind of gigs are cover gigs,its how we make money,which allows me to afford recording so its good but i dont wanna be doing it forever! I'd much prefer to be playing my own songs by now!

8) Have you already played in other countries ? 

nope


9) If no, where would you like to play ?
 
Britain,France ,Germany Holland, Sweden, America (but only down south!)

10) Have you ever been to France ?
 
Never ever. Would love to go someday and drink some fine Parisienne coffee :)

11) What was the first album you bought ? 

I think it was Linkin Park's debut album, I was 12 and painfully unaware of quality music at that stage!

12) What's your favourite album of all time ?( or song ) 


hmmmm......I have a few Favourite albums ,but if I really had

 to narrow it down I'd have to go for Rubber Soul by the 

Beatles.

My favourite song has to be House of the Rising Sun,any 

version will do! 




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire